This year I turn the big 4-0 (I am cringing and hiding at the thought)! Since there is nothing I can do about it, I have decided to make my big birthday into an event here on the hill. I want to organize my first giveaway to coincide with the big event. Basically a scenario where I have to have the birthday but I would like others to benefit from my crazy day! :-D
But I need your help with several things- please! It doesn't matter if you have never had a give away on your blog but if you have then I have even more questions for you.
First, I have to fund the entire giveaway on my own. While I would love to give away say an Ipad, well I cannot afford to buy one at the moment. I have a few ideas for the giveaway and I am wondering if everyone could tell me what they think (which ideas do you like and why and which ideas do you not like as well and why). Here they are:
1. A pamper yourself giveaway: handmade soaps, bubble bath or bath bombs, maybe a bath pillow, thick lotions, etc.
2. A Reading and relaxing giveaway: A gift card to a book store, some chocolates, nice bookmarks, etc.
3. A gardening basket: some gardening hand tools, some seeds for flowers, maybe a gardening book, gloves, hand soap and lotion for gardening.
4. Movie Night: a gift card for a movie rental or maybe an actual movie, popcorn, some theater box candy, etc
5. Something else-- what other suggestions do you have? What great giveaways have you entered for or given away?
If you have had a giveaway on your blog before, where are the best places to advertise it? From where did you get the most traffic? What program did you use for the giveaway- please simple to use is high priority here! Any other piece of advice that you wished someone else had shared with you about giveaways?
I hope that we can all learn from this so please share your advice!
Thank you for visiting me here on the hill and come back soon.
It's that time again... Time to link up your healthy posts and visit the posts other bloggers have linked-up! I for one look forward to seeing what you all link-up this week.
I first made these cute soaps when I was a Girl Scout Leader with my junior troop. They had a lot of fun making them and I think they are cute reminders of summer! So in keeping with my summery theme this week here is how to make popsicle soap.
Aren't they cute?? They definitely give me a summery feeling in the shower.